- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 large carrots, sliced diagonally
- 2 celery ribs, cut in half length wise, and then sliced diagonally
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cups quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 1/2 cups shredded/chopped cooked chicken
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large stock, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, the bay leaf, and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and quinoa and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the quinoa is cooked, about 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and allow to cook a few minutes, until the chicken is thoroughly heated.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving. Enjoy!