- 1 1/2 lbs 4 chicken thighs
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Pinch of salt
- 1- inch piece ginger peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- White sesame optional
- In a big bowl, combine the chicken with the garlic, ginger, hoisin sauce, Sriracha sauce, honey, soy sauce and salt. Stir to combine well and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat up a skillet and add the oil on medium heat. When the skillet is hot, add the chicken (reserve the marinade), skin side down first and pan-fry both sides. Pan fry until the skin turn nicely brown. Add the marinade into the skillet and turn the heat to low. Continue to cook the chicken while the sauce reduces to a thicker consistency. When the chicken is cooked through, turn off the heat, garnish with white sesame and serve immediately with steamed rice.
I used bone-in chicken thighs and deboned them (click here to learn "How to Debone Chicken Thighs") because I love the skin. You may use skinless and boneless chicken thighs.