You’ll Need:Rainbow Roll-Ups:
- carrots, cut into matchsticks
- cooked rice or quinoa (optional)
- peanuts and cilantro
- cucumbers, cut into matchsticks
- red cabbage
- curry hummus
- collard greens (leaf)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (tamari or coconut aminos if gluten free)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- Prep: Trim the stem/spine of the collard leaf – don’t cut it completely off, but just cut it down so that it’s nice and thin and pliable.
- Roll: Arrange your fillings on the collard leaf. Fold the ends in and roll from front to back, trying to keep everything in there nice and tight. Watch video for a visual example.
- Peanut Sauce: Run all the ingredients through a blender or food processor. Voila!
- You can steam the collard leaves if you want to make them more pliable. I also found that just running the leaf under hot water or placing hot rice on it was enough to soften it just a little bit.
- These aren’t the greatest for making ahead, since the hummus can get a little watery once it sits with the veggies. I recommend prepping everything and then keeping it in the fridge and rolling a fresh one each morning or just before you eat it. They will hold together nicely with toothpicks!
- For a completely sugar free version of this recipe, use white distilled vinegar.