- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 16 oz. Mushrooms, sliced, I used baby bella
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 C. Almond milk or other non dairy milk of choice
- 10 oz. Spaghetti
- 1/2 C. Frozen peas
- 1/4 C. Vegan butter, I used Earth Balance
- 1/4 C. All purpose flour
- 3 C. Vegetable broth
- 1/2 C. Panko bread crumbs
- Parsley to garnish
- 2 Tbsp. Nutritional yeast
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Now in an oven safe pot, heat the olive oil on medium high. Then add the sliced mushrooms and garlic. Saute for 4-5 minutes until the mushrooms have released their liquid and it has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper. Once the mushrooms are done, remove them from the pot and set aside.
- Now add the vegan butter to the pot and melt. Reduce heat to low. Cook for a minute, stirring, then add the flour. Whisk together to make a roux. Cook for another minute or two until it has thickened.
- Now add the veggie broth and almond milk. Whisk to combine with the roux. Now bring heat up a bit, and bring to a boil. Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Then add the spaghetti. I like to snap mine in half. Then stir to make sure it is fully covered by the liquid. Cook for just about 3-5 minutes(you want it still to be a bit firm when you put it in the oven so it doesn't over cook). Stirring.
- Then add back in the mushrooms and the frozen peas into the pot. Stir to combine. Cook for just another minute. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Now turn off the heat. In a bowl combine the panko and nutritional yeast. Sprinkle on top of the pasta. Now either drizzle with olive oil, spray with non stick spray, or put a few pieces of vegan butter on the top just to brown the bread crumbs.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes until bubbly and the top has browned. Serve immediately with parsley if you want!
- If you want more super crispy bread crumbs for the top, you can just add them to a pan with some olive oil and brown them. It's delicious!