Let’s accept this: Cauliflower is a boring vegetable. Nobody can persuade me that it has a wonderful taste.
I don’t think even the cauliflower lovers think that way. It is one of those vegetables which need additional flavors to make a tasty dish. When you know the right ingredients to pair with it, it easily becomes a favorite even for the cauliflower haters.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, about 2 pounds, cut into small florets
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste or red pepper paste
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lemon
- Parsley for garnish
- Put the cauliflower florets, tomatoes and garlic in a pot.
- Drizzle olive oil over them.
- Season with the spices and salt.
- Squeeze lemon and throw in the half of it with the zest into the pot.
- Mix tomato paste or pepper paste with hot water and pour it in the pot.
- Cook it covered over medium low heat until tender.
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Transfer the cooked dish into a casserole pan and bake it for half an hour.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.